Foto Frenzy Muster 2018
April 22, 2018 - April 28, 2018| from $3390
2018 Foto Frenzy Lord Howe Island Muster
Whether you love photography as a beginner or an experienced enthusiast, the annual Foto Frenzy Muster is an event that helps take your photography to the next level. Through Knowledge Sessions, shooting opportunities, editing time, personal one-on-one mentoring and shared photo experiences, you’ll be empowered with a deeper understanding of photography.
In 2018 the Foto Frenzy crew will descend on a true jewel in the Pacific… World Heritage Listed Lord Howe Island. This photographer’s paradise is the remnant of a 7 million year old extinct volcano, isolated in the Tasman Sea 600km off the Australian coast mid-way between Sydney and Brisbane.
Above the Water
You and your camera will explore sub-tropical forests, giant sea-cliffs, pristine sandy beaches and rocky coastlines, all in the shadow of the imposing twin peaks of Mt Gower and Mt Lidgbird.
Below the Surface
The ocean around Lord Howe is at a crossroad in the Pacific, where the East Australian Current brings warm ocean waters from the north to meet the temperate southern sea, creating an incredible diversity of life. Snorkelers will enjoy the brilliant colours of the most southerly coral reef system on the planet and SCUBA divers will venture farther afield to explore remote and spectacular dive sites around the island.
Please Note–Snorkelling is possible off the shore at no cost. Boat snorkelling package is available at additional cost. SCUBA Diving package available at additional cost. See “Workshop Inclusions” below.
We’ve assembled a team of renowned photographers and photo-educators, who’ll all share their knowledge and expertise to help perfect your photography skills and extend your creativity!
- Darren Jew – Canon Master
- Phil Thurston – Ocean Photographer
- Gary Cranitch – Queensland Museum Photographer, FF RAW Team Member
- Greg Crow – Professional Photographer and Dive Master, FF RAW Team Member
- Jasmine Carey – Ocean Photographer, Whales Underwater Guide, FF RAW Team Member
Loan equipment (supported by Aquatech and Canon) will be available so you can try out some exotic cameras, lenses and underwater housings through the Gear Pool.
From Capture to Print
This ‘Capture to Print’ workshop offers endless shooting opportunities above and below the water, review sessions, photo challenges, presentations and break outs and then culminates in a print exhibition of participants work on the final night.
Immerse yourself in photography and join us for Foto Frenzy Lord Howe Island!
FF RAW Members: AUD$3390 per person, twin share (save $200)
Non-members: AUD$3590 per person, twin share
For details of FF RAW Membership, visit the FF RAW Page
Workshop price includes:
- All land-based workshops, activities and mentoring
- Shore-based snorkelling sessions
- 6 nights accommodation (Twin Share)
- Breakfast daily
- 3 Dinners– Welcome Dinner, Mid-week fry-up, Exhibition Night Meal
- Access to the Gear Pool
- Snorkel Equipment
- Boat Snorkelling Package $195 (3 half-day boat trips)
- SCUBA Dive Package (6 Dives, includes gear) $500/$580 Nitrox
Workshop price does NOT include:
- Airfares (Group airfares starting from $1218 are available through Jackie our bookings staff)
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance (mandatory, please speak advice from Jackie)
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Lunches and Snacks
- Dinners except the three listed as included
- Discretionary tips
- Items of a personal nature
Secure your booking now with a deposit of AUD$1500 by contacting Jackie at Foto Frenzy Bookings.
You’ll also need to download and complete the Foto Frenzy Booking Form
As well as looking after your Foto Frenzy workshop booking, as an independant Licenced Travel Agent our bookings expert Jackie will assist with flights and arrangements to and from Lord Howe, along with appropriate travel insurance.
Bookings: Jackie Low
T | 07 5667 9413 (from within Australia) / +61 7 5667 9413 (from outside Australia)
M | 0415 932 273 (from within Australia) / +61 4 15 932 273 (from outside Australia)